2013 has been yet another crazy year, although much better than 2012. A summary of what I have learnt in 2013: –
- Patience is a virtue, especially when driving. (Easier said than done.)
- If you ask, you shall receive.
- Expectation is a bitch. Expect less and you may be happier.
- In order to grow yourself you need to grow those around you.
- Regrets are meaningless. Instead take them as lessons learnt and make the best of it.
- Money is a tool. Use it to buy more experiences, not things.
- Stock markets are dominated by computer bots. Be weary. Do not trust reports from trading firms.
- It’s never too early to plan your finances. Track income & expenses in detail. Document your net worth monthly.
- Healthy food costs more, unfortunately. If you can afford it, eat healthier instead of getting a $60 haircut. I went to QB house for the entire of 2013.
Plans for 2014: –
- New house — hopefully to regain some sanity.
- New member of the family (fingers crossed).
- Continue growing myself and people around me.
- Learn to be more focused.
- Learn to be more positive.
- Make more friends.