Believe it or not, we spent $1,090.55 at Ikea last Saturday. This is our second trip to Ikea, so it’s almost $2,000 worth of Ikea stuff if we added up the first trip!
I’ve decided to bring my Olympus DSLR along, so enjoy the photos that follow.
Every Ikea trip starts with food…
That’s Yanpo’s dish.
I’m having the most popular dish at Ikea.
Fish, to share. Unfortunately, I’m the only one who likes it.
Who can resist these crispy,
oily, golden brown wings.
Look at these guys. They’re certainly enjoying the good food.
The last of the balls before Yanpo had them all.
Yes! Dear got a new haircut on Friday. Looks so cute!
After a very satisfying meal, we went on to shop till we
almost dropped. Here’s what we got this round…
- Another small table as an extension to the current one for the study room.
- Another table lamp to go with the new table above.
- A 1 x 4 book shelve to go into the window recess in the study room.
- Another 4 x 4 book shelve for the study room.
- A floor protector for the study room. Expensive but hopefully useful.
- A wine rack! YES! More reasons to stockpile Shiraz at home.
- An armchair. It should stay in the master bedroom for now.
- A small TV console for the master bedroom.
- A sturdy step-stool to reach higher places. This is VERY useful for $29.
- A mirror for the common bathroom. Expensive.
- A water jug for cold water.
- A temporary coffee table, which will become my tool table next time. Pretty cool table for $17.
- Dustbins for the rooms, kitchen and toilets.
- Some toilet accessories.
That’s a lot of stuff! The shelves and armchair are the most expensive stuff of them all. The others are less than $50 items.
Finally, I’m getting a Wii to keep us entertained on weekends!